Log in

No account? Create an account
27 February 2009 @ 10:21 am
Bending instead of breaking a cell contract  
I've been offered a sort of "family plan" with a different cell provider, the sort where your family member works for a provider. :)

I could pay $200 to break my contract, wait till it ends in June, pay for a last month of service in May, move out of coverage area, join the military and get posted overseas, fake my own death... or simply get someone online to take over my contract.

There are a few services, but http://cellswapper.com doesn't charge until you actually transfer your contract, and then only $15.

On the other side, you can browse for people offering free phones with short contracts and no activation fees. Some offer a cash incentive as part of the deal. You also can change your plan as soon as you sign over, in case you don't like the plan they had.
Current Mood: accomplished
Nikithespatula on February 27th, 2009 08:16 pm (UTC)
you will have to lose your number if you do that though
ashi: arrrr!ashi on February 27th, 2009 10:15 pm (UTC)
I actually asked them about keeping my number, and it depends on the company I'm leaving. They did think T-Mobile probably wouldn't let me, but I will try.
Weeping Moonweepingmoon on March 1st, 2009 05:57 pm (UTC)
I broke my contract with T-mobile when going to Credo and I was able to keep my number, so it shouldn't be a problem.
ashi: ai-khan!!!ashi on March 2nd, 2009 03:05 am (UTC)
If you just break the contract, sure. But since I'm selling my contract instead... we'll see.

Bah, flight is delayed. But I love Virgin America anyway so far.
(Anonymous) on February 27th, 2009 08:59 pm (UTC)
I used a similiar service

I saw an article by Clark Howard and I decided to try sellswaper and celltradeusa.com which wasn't that long ago.

I had success using celltradeusa.